What if you met your soulmate through a drawing? A Drawing That Could Change Your Life. Would You Like to Meet Your Soulmate?
Click Here Now To Find Your SOULMATE
You’ve already made it to the final workout in Week 1 of this challenge. If you haven’t been trying the bonus moves, why no go for it today? I bet you’re feeling a little bit stronger already. All of the workouts in this challenge were created by me, Amy Eisinger, a certified personal trainer and editor at SELF. Our featured athlete is Mirinda Carfrae, a three-time Ironman Triathlon world champion.
As always, before you get started today, we highly recommend that you do a warm-up first. You can try these total-body stretches, hop on an elliptical machine for a few minutes, walk quickly on a treadmill or outside, or do something else entirely. Whatever you decide to do, just make sure it gets your blood pumping before you start the routine below.
Do each exercise for 45 seconds, resting 15 seconds between exercises. At the end of each circuit, rest 60-90 seconds.
Beginners: Do 2-3 rounds
Advanced: Do 3-5 rounds
x 45 seconds on each side
- You’ll need 2 dumbbells to complete this move. Stand with your feet staggered, right foot in front, left foot behind you, with both legs straight. Make sure your feet are not directly in front of each other (think railroad tracks, not tightrope wire). Engage your core and keep your hips tucked under (avoid arching your low back), and hold a dumbbell in each hand with arms at your sides.
- Bend both knees to 90 degrees and sink into a lunge.
- Straighten both knees to return to starting position. Repeat on the same side, keeping feet in a stationary position, for 45 seconds. Then switch the foot that’s in front, and repeat on the other side.
Lateral Plank Walk
x 45 seconds
- Start in a high plank position with your palms flat on the floor, hands shoulder-width apart, shoulders stacked directly above your wrists, legs extended behind you, and your core and glutes engaged.
- Take a step to the right starting with your right hand and right foot and following with your left hand and foot, maintaining a plank position as you move. This is 1 rep.
- Do a set amount of reps in one direction, and then repeat the same amount moving in the opposite direction.
Curl to Triceps Press
x 45 seconds
- You’ll need two dumbbells to complete this move.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with feet hip-width apart, and core engaged.
- Do a curl by bending both elbows and bringing the weights toward your biceps. Focus on keeping your shoulders down, not letting your chest come forward, and only using your arms for this movement.
- Now push the weights overhead, straightening both arms and keeping biceps hugged close to your ears.
- With the weights overhead, bring them together to touch, and bend both elbows allowing the weights to come down behind your head for a triceps press. Keep elbows hugged close to your head (do not let them go wide).
- Return to your starting position by straightening arms, then lowering them to shoulder height, then lowering them again so that the weights come back to your side.
- Repeat, focusing on isolating the muscles in your arms and shoulders. Don’t use momentum to swing the weights up and overhead.
x 45 seconds
- Start in a high plank with your palms flat on the floor, hands shoulder-width apart, shoulders stacked directly above your wrists, legs extended behind you, and your core and glutes engaged.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body to the floor. Drop to your knees if needed.
- Push through the palms of your hands to straighten your arms.
- Continue for 45 seconds.
At the end of the circuit, rest for 60-90 seconds. Do the entire circuit 2-5 times, then try the Bonus Move.
At the end of your last circuit, try the move below for 60 seconds.
Squat to Overhead Press
x 60 seconds
- You’ll need 2 dumbbells for this move.
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and core engaged. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your elbows bent and hands at your shoulders.
- Send your hips back and bend knees to drop into a squat, allowing knees to bend to at least 90 degrees.
- Return to starting position by standing, and as you stand, push both weights overhead at the same time, and squeezing your glutes at the top.
- Lower the weights to your shoulders and immediately sink into your next squat.
Top image: Photographer: Nadya Wasylko. Stylist: Yuiko Ikebata. Hair: Jerome Cultera. Makeup: Seong Hee. Prop Stylist: Alex Brannian. Athlete Mirinda Carfrae wears Tory Sport bra, similar styles at torysport.com, P.E. Nation leggings, similar styles at pe-nation.com, Hoka ONE ONE Gaviota Leather shoes, $160, hokaoneone.com.
Workout images and gifs: Photographer: Alexandra Genova. Stylist: Yuiko Ikebata. Hair: Jerome Cultera. Makeup: Deanna Melluso. (workout images) Athlete Mirinda Carfrae wears Outdoor Voices Zip Bra, $75, outdoorvoices.com; Champion Women’s Fashion, $33, champion.com; 7/8 Fashion Tights; Hoka One One Elevon shoes, $160, hokaoneone.com. (gifs) Outdoor Voices Doing Things Bra, $65, outdoorvoices.com; 7/8 Flex Leggings, $75, outdoorvoices.com, Hoka One One Gaviota Leather, $160, hokaoneone.com.
All products featured on SELF are independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
https://www.self.com/story/arms-legs-strength-builder, GO TO SAUBIO DIGITAL FOR MORE ANSWERS AND INFORMATION ON ANY TOPIC
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases